While honeymooning in the Bahamas, we tasted the most delicious rum cake. When we got back to the states, we try to order more but the shipping was crazy high. So I decided to make it myself and to my surprise it was good. This week, the hub was begging me to make one and here is how I did it.
Vanilla Instant Jello Pudding
Stick of Land of Lakes butter (melted)
½ cup of milk
½ cup of Dark Rum (I use Bacardi Gold)
¾ cup of Pecans
Non-stick baking spray (I use Pam for baking)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Spray cake pan with baking spray
- Add pecans to cake pan.
- Mix together the cake mix, jello pudding, butter, milk, eggs, and rum using a mixer on the low setting.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before adding glaze.
½ cup of sugar
½ stick of butter
¼ cup of dark rum
- Using a saucepan, bring butter to a slight boil over medium heat.
- Add the cup of sugar and stir until the sugar begins to melt.
- Carefully add the rum to pan. Did I say carefully? And continue to stir.
- After sugar is completely dissolved, remove from heat and let cool for about an hour or put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour glaze over the cake and let sit for a couple of hours. Then enjoy.
Dieter beware this cake will ruin you J